Monday, July 15, 2013

Kids Clothes Week

Kids Clothes Week kicks off today!



I have a few patterns picked out at the fabrics to go with them--let's see how much I get done. 
It is a challenge for me to sit down and sew for just an hour a day so I like that this gives me a push to do it. Two days a week I work 11 hours a day + drive time home...Maybe I'll have to do 1/2 hour in the morning and 1/2 hour after??




This is my game plan:










McCall's M6502
Two pairs of these pants on the right with the tab sides.

One in dino fabric and the other in a 21 wale camoflage corduroy.

Also from this pattern one tan tee shirt.















McCall's 4220

One style A jacket (the bottom left jacket with a hood)

in the faux shearling I got at for a STEAL a couple of years ago at a black friday sale.

This one I need some awesome wooden (or faux wood) toggles for the closure.














This vintage Simplicity 6863 from 1985 for my niece Azalea.
I want to do the one on the far right with the blue fabric being the top...maybe. It is a seersucker and I might switch it out tomorrow if I find something better at JoAnn's. I have a whopping 4 yards of the lower vintage fabric but I think it is WAY to busy to be both pieces.

I swear I had something VERY similar to this growing up!













Butterick B5585 for my nephew Eric-or as Hunter likes to call him "Baby Eric".

I think the only thing I might need for
this is some snaps.






Think you wanna join??

Go to KidsClothesWeek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment