Friday, January 10, 2014

Post Christmas Mayhem and Preparing for KCW!




So in the end of the Christmas craziness I made 9...no 10 pairs of the hanging dishtowels I posted about in the last post for a lot of different people. They were a great easy gift that I think was very useful for the recipients.







We took the little man to the Trolley Museum for a trolley ride with Santa.




 
Safe to say he loved it. They had a large train table and a large lego town display. He had cookies and hot chocolate after seeing Santa.
The trolley itself was just amazing, all restored and had wicker/woven seats and polished brass and wood everywhere. Very cool.
How about the guy in the last picture photo-bombing??
 
 
Now who is getting ready for KCW (KidsClothesWeek) at the end of the month?
I know I'll never get everything done I hope (wishes and dreams, amiright?) but I have high hopes.
Im getting ready now by prewashing all my fabrics. I'm pretty sure my serger was smoking by the end of serging over 20 yards of fabric. I need to get that thing actually serviced I think. I've never done it before so I don't even know where to take it!
 
I've picked out I think 6-7 patterns too. I know on my list is the recess raglan, another pair of skinny jeans, hipster Henley, nowhere man pants, multiple lazy day pajamas sets, the reversible zippy hoodie pattern and maybe if I get to it some more flannel pajama pants for my little mans Cabbage Patch doll. I made my own pattern for those and with scraps from his lazy days they are pretty
easy to whip up. What is on your list? What are you planning on doing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment