Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler

I was looking around for some new inspiration..a new little something to sew up. 

I found the Layer Cake Sampler on Material Girl Quilts website. 

It's not to late to join up!

Here is my progress so far:

Week One:







Picked out my fabrics 

(they might have been purchased in 
my biggest fabric buying
splurge ..eva eva!)






Block 1






Block 2




Block 3





Block 4





Block 5




Block 6


Mostly what your seeing fabricwise is Joel Dewberry and some Andover.






If you really just are wanting to see is my fabric-binging . . . .


 The stack to the left top corner is of course for this QAL. The stack to the right is V&Co Simply Style charm pack and a stack of 1/2 yard peices, then to the right is the Kate Spain Sunny Side and a 1/2 yard of my favorite raindrop print for a binding. Below that are a couple yards each of  Joel Dewberry Notting Hill and J.D. Bungalow print and a green print that I just liked (Denyse Schmidt Free Spirit). Then to finish up this stash-frenzy is a couple of charm packs of the BooCrew. 


I think it is SO obvious that when I took the first 3 pictures
 for this post I had NO idea how to use my camera yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment