Monday, December 24, 2012

Simplicity 4760






Pattern Description:

Boys' and Men's Pants and Shirt. This is a basic button down shirt pattern but not a "dressy" shirt.

Pattern Sizing:

Boys S, M, L and Mens S-XL

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

I think so.

Were the instructions easy to follow?

I had no problems following along.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

It is a basic shirt which is just what I wanted. It is for my 3 yr old nephew and I know it will be trashed within a few wears. I did do a few special things to punch it up but nothing that was to crazy.

Fabric Used:

Thrifted Ikea 100% cotton top sheet. $2 bucks for SO much fabric!








Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:


 

I did do a fancy seam on the shoulders and down the sides of the shirt. I don't know if it has a name but I folded the seam allowance to each side and stitched about 1/4" away from the seam. I don't think it is a flat felled or french. Anyhow I think it is pretty









Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

Yes I still have a bunch of sheet left so I will make one for my little guy as well.








 









I like this little yoke on the shoulders with the seams I did for a little bit of interest. 

On a solid white shirt the detailing is what makes it special.








I specifically made this pattern so that my nephew could wear it with a little bow tie. 


My little guy loves them and has this same bow tie:)
Sewing For Children

No comments:

Post a Comment