Friday, October 18, 2013

The Dinosaur Vest



 When your little man asks you to make something specific...
you do it. 


 (He probably won't be asking me forever)





 



Pattern Description: Children's and Boys' shirt, vest and pants. Shirt has long sleeves, side vents and patch pocket; vest has front zipper closure, patch pockets; pants have elastic waist casing, side seam pockets, cargo pockets and optional elastic at ankle.

Pattern Sizing:Children's sizes XS (3-4) S (5-6) and Boys M (7-8) L (10-12) XL (14-16)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?It looks exactly like the pattern envelope with the exception of my zipper.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Incredibly so.



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This pattern was very fast to start to finish which I liked. There really was nothing that I disliked.


Fabric Used:I used some remnant bin fleece from Joann's. The little man picked it out and asked me to make him something with it. I was happy to oblige of course. The little man is very opinionated and even picked out his zipper.


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I omitted the front facing and did an exposed zipper.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?This is so very easy to sew and was very fast. It just takes an afternoon even with the little ones buggin' ya every thirty seconds. I already have plans for a sweatshirt one. 



The little guy loves it! As soon as he put it on he picked up his arms and said 


"RRAWRR"

No comments:

Post a Comment