Sunday, January 13, 2013

Liebster Award



 











I'm so excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much to Elizabeth over at Blending a Family of Dorks for nominating me!

This award is for up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It's great to know someone is reading my little blog and really enjoying it.

















The rules for this award
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate (this one may be hard as I am not sure if I know of 11 bloggers under this criteria)
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.



11 Fun Facts About Elizabeth
1. I love to read and am typically in the middle of multiple books at once.
2. I try to spend a little time each day being creative.
3. I speak a little Spanish, even less German and two phrases in Gaelic.
4. My favorite cartoon character is Tinkerbell.
5. I have a Nook and read a lot of books on it but still love the feel of reading a real, physical book.
6. I enjoy burning scented candles at home but cannot stay in a candle store or even aisle within a store for too long or I start sneezing and cannot stop.
7. I have a wicked sweet tooth and my favorite dessert is cheesecake.
8. I never liked coffee until I was pregnant with Davis, then I craved coffee like crazy. Now I drink coffee every day.
9. My favorite board game is Scrabble and I cannot wait until Davis is old enough to teach him how to play.
10. Matt teases me because I listen to country music. (But he has started to like some of it too! LOL)
11. My favorite animals are whales and dolphins. (I have two dolphins tattooed on my back)  




Here are the questions Elizabeth had for me:
 1. What are you currently reading? or What is your favorite book?






I was reading Swimsuit by James Patterson but I kind of got stalled a week or so ago. I'll pick it back up now that you've reminded me!

2. What is the last movie you saw in theaters?

I **think** it was the last Twilight movie, Breaking Dawn - Part 2. I am going to see Les Miserables next week though.

3. If you had to pick one household chore to do everyday what would it be?

Running the vacuum. I hate bathrooms and laundry. 

4. If you had an extra $500 to spend, but could only spend it in one store, which store would you choose?

JoAnn's. I love it there and could spend $500 in about 50 seconds on a new machine:)


5. When you are short on time or energy, what is your go to meal to make for dinner?

Quesadilla's. Super easy and easy to make differently for my picky little man, meat-eating big man and vegetarian self.

6. What is your favorite TV show?

The Walking Dead. I'm addicted.


7. What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Broccoli and Cauliflower on a white pizza with ranch "sauce" instead of reg. pizza sauce.


8. Are you an animal lover? or not so much?

Eh. Not really. 


9. What's the best advice you've ever been given?

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. lol 
OR my Grandpops - you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't wipe your friends on your sleeve.

10. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?

I don't think it is appropriate for the internet...my mom might be reading my blog HAHA

11. Coke or Pepsi?

Coke:) 




And the nominees are...
1:Heather @ A frugal peek in the world
2: Kim @ Alaskim This is actually the first blog I ever started following!
3: DeeCee @ Blonde Using Rotary Cutter
4:  Dawnberries
5: I Sew Functional
6: Jenn @ Jenn's Random Scraps
7: Alison @ Littlebunnyquilts
8:  Tiffany @ Little Gems
9: Mel @ Mellywood's Mansion
10:  Tasha @ Mom N Stinks
11:  Kat @ Sew Chibi

I'm pretty sure these have under 200 followers-at least on GFC!



 
 



Finally, the new questions 

1) Are you a cat or dog person?
2) If you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation where would it be?
3) What is your favorite color?
4) If you could go back in time and re-live any experience in your life what or when would it be?
5)Do you have a favorite number?
6) Do you speak any other languages?
7) If money and time were not a problem what would you go back to school for?
8) If you could move anywhere in the world where would you go?
9) What is you favorite movie of all time?
10) Shoes or barefoot?
11) Are you afraid of anything?
 
 



8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed reading this. Can't wait to type mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!

    ~Shanay~
    www.myuniquegilz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...thanks Susan! I enjoyed reading a little bit about you... have a great week :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤... Jennifer
    http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thanks for the shout out! I may have less than 200 followers, but I write like I have 2,000,000. Wait. What does that even mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha Kim!! This wonderful woman got me into Blog land, so a big thanks to MammaInPa for being one of my first (and still nearly my only hahaha) :-) Ok so now I have to put these questions and answers together *sweating* eww Can I talk about my cats or sewing instead of ME?? hahaha (((Hugs))) Happy Sewing, cutting or quilting all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe it took me this long, but it's DONE!

    http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    Thanks again Susan!

    ReplyDelete