Monday, January 21, 2013

The Blue-Green Sea Quilt



I finally finished the blue-green quilt top using a jelly roll
All but three fabrics came from my stash

Which I promptly replaced with other fabrics from JoAnn's; but, in my defense, I only meant to buy the 5 yards of kona white for my other two quilts! I came home with over 15 yards of miscellaneous yardage
...and five patterns. 

I now just have to pick a border and get the binding made.



I like the movement in it. It was VERY hard to keep the pattern/non-pattern straight. I messed it up a couple of times! 

I pieced the quilt top and labeled the rows by number lengthwise and letter width-wise on the seam allowance. I didn't start doing this until I was part way done though.

I'm feeling like this quilt needs a solid border fabric or else it will be much too busy. 
What do you think aqua green or olive green??

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty quilt. Quilts are amazing pieces of work to me.

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection!
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured :)

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I bet you'd have to number them! What did you decide on the border? I was thinking the brown but that may look too dark? Hope to see what you chose!

    :-Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! They were numbered and lettered! It was very confusing haha! I'm pretty sure I am going to go with ivory and the aqua green for the border. I'm using the aqua green/ivory print for the bias tape. Easiest place to see that print is my boo-boo on the pattern at the 2nd and 3rd patch at the bottom left of the quilt.

      Delete