Sunday, April 14, 2013

Apple Jacks




So I finally started cutting into my Moda Apple Jacks fabric. I love it so much and loved just looking at it; but I bought specifically for a little boy's quilt, so it had to be done. It is for my nephew Eric who is making his arrival sometime in June. I actually got mine from Fabricworm.com back when it was available everywhere...not so much anymore. 


Anyhow, I have been dying to make a bento box quilt so I am using this strip pieced method I found on QuiltsofLove.Blogspot . Her blog is chock full of great tutorials, pointers and tips so I highly recommend you check it out!



The best part about this quilt is that it only takes 27 2.5" strips of the solid and half a jelly roll (or 20 2.5" strips) for a 60x60 quilt. :) I have almost enough to make a second quilt! 









The only fabric you don't see here that I am using is the apple print I picked out with the aqua back ground. I think it will be perfect for the bias tape!


1 comment:

  1. Love this fabric and can't wait to see your Bento done!

    :-Dee

    ReplyDelete