Monday, April 29, 2013

Shopping high

Fabric Fair 2013



 
So a few weeks ago I went to this ANNUAL sale to feed my fabric addiction
*cough*
 help out a good cause.
I am soooo going again next year but I will be there bright and early with my long johns and coffee! There were SO many people there it was ridiculous. Having never been before I had no idea what to expect. There was such a line I spent more time outside in line than I did inside picking out my lovelies.
 
Anywhoo these are my finds:
 
Tan 21 wale cord and a silver/lt. grey cord 
 
 
 

This is a yard of athletic fabric...perfect shade of Steeler Gold!
















1yd plaid shirting and 2 yd navy thermal. The shirting was $1.50!


 





I LOVE this fabric. I have no idea what to do with it but it is a swiss dot that was calling my name!





 
 
I might have bought  few patterns. In my defense they were a quarter each! AND I did get some baby ones for my sister in law who is expecting in June.
 
These two I'm keeping for sure though, they are my favorite.
 
Bonus I spent less than $20 bucks for everything:)
 
 
My shopping high did not last long though. On my way home driving through Pittsburgh my car started acting funny. I pulled over and turned it off and waited. . .
 
 
Turned the key. Sounds okay? I'll try to make it home...
 
 
Okay maybe not. I had no reverse. CRAP!
 
I called my car insurance for a tow truck and waited on the side of the road for an hour and a half. Good thing I had my patterns to keep me company haha
 
Well, turns out it was the transmission and THANK GOODNESS my car was still covered under GM's 5 yr/100,000 mile warranty or else I would be toast and I'd be looking to sell a kidney or something. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment