Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Motorcycle Jacket

Simplicity 2292

Pattern Description:

Toddlers' jacket or vest, pants, jumper, and hats.
 I made the little jacket.

Pattern Sizing:

This pattern comes in sizes 1/2 - 4. I went with a 3.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Well...other than looking way cooler? Yep:)

Were the instructions easy to follow?

Very easy; not a single hiccup. Other than my general suckiness when it comes to zippers. I just never seem to get it "right" if I use the silly zipper foot. It always turns out perfect when I just use the regular foot!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

Easy directions with not too many pattern pieces. I'm glad it came together quickly because it's time to get crackin' on those Halloween costumes!!

Fabric Used:

Some sweatshirt fabric from JoAnn's. Red Tag of course:) As well as some twill tape left over from the
<a href="http://www.madebymommainpa.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-retro-metro-bag-tutorial-my-very.html">the retro metro bag.</a> and some iron on appliques I've had laying around...forever.

The only snafu was the twill tape on the pockets did not line up perfectly. In person it really isn't that noticeable though! 

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:

I made no changes surprisingly. I almost left off the racing stripes but I'm glad I kept them; they look cute with the white zipper too-which also came from the stash:)

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

I think I may make one more. I really like the pants in this pattern too so I may make those as well even though little man has more than enough pants in his current size.
I would definitely recommend this pattern.I liked it so much that I actually accidentally bought it twice; luckily I found someone to give it away too!


I just love the MOM patch! 

I think it just emphasizes the racer-motorcycle style jacket:)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Cool and stylistic jacket. Sweet kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice design and very stylistic jacket. Great pleasure to visit this blog. Thank you for sharing………………

      Biker vests

      Delete
  2. This is my first time i visit here and I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially it's discussion, thank you. motorcycle jackets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research. Thanks for posting, maybe we can see more on this. Are you aware of any other websites on this subject. motorcycle leather jacket usa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. leather jacket

    ReplyDelete